Sunday 27 May 2012

Wonders Of The World

Wondering at Colosseum, Rome in October 2007

My weekend was busy & fruitful with family activities. So, off from my blog for 2 days.Well, now I'm back on track...back on my laptop. While figuring out topic to share with the readers, I've just realized that school holiday has just begun in Malaysia. It is a relief for us as less traffic on the road for 2 weeks!! The holiday mood is on. Parents are busy planning for family getaways either going back to hometown visiting relatives or holiday trip to local destination or even abroad. I believe everybody loves holiday and travelling. If I were ever had the opportunity to travel, I would definitely will take  a 1-year off from work & travel to my dream destinations, to all the Wonders of the World (WOTW). Well, there are many categories of WOTW but the one with more than 100 million votes through internet & telephone falls under New7Wonders of the World initiated in 2001. They are:-

1) Chichen Itza, Mexico
2) Christ the Redemeer, Brazil
3) Colosseum, Rome
4) Great Wall of China, China
5) Machu Picchu, Peru
6) Petra, Jordan
7) Taj Mahal, India
Other finalists include Acropolis of Athens, Alhambra, Angkor Wat, Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, Stonehenge, Sydney Opera House & Timbuktu. Well, let me see....so far I have witnessed & been to 3 Wonders - Collosseum, Eiffel Tower & Statue of Liberty. That's not a good sign...need more travelling & effort to visit those Wonders. Oppssss....yesssss Mak (Mom). I will oblige to perform Umrah (little pilgrimage) to the holy city of Mecca before thinking of travelling to those Wonders....Insyaallahhhhhhh 

No comments:

Post a Comment