Thursday 14 June 2012

Think Pink, Live Green

My day was full of sunshine until my casual conversation with my colleague in the afternoon turned out gloomy. She declared that she underwent diagnostic test after she felt pain & realized there is a lump on one of her breast. The doctor suspected it was breast cancer but the actual result will be out this Saturday. The sad part was when she received the news on her birthday yesterday, 13 June. Though I got to know her for less than a year but my heart breaks into thousand pieces. I felt so sorry for her. Her tear drops like the rain in the summer & I can see it through her eyes the sorrowfulness whenever she mentioned about her family.
When the news break within the circle of my friends, then I realized that this silent killer can attack to any of us no matter how well you take good care of your health. It is a lesson for me to be alerted on any minor changes. I started to browse for more info on breast cancer. Most of the sites advised to do regular screening. For those above 40 years old, an annual mammogram is advisable followed by MRI after 6 months. Regular check-ups will lessen your risk apart from your regular exercise, avoid smoking & alcohol & sufficient vitamin D. 
Diving at Perhentian Island, Malaysia in July 2012
So dear ladies, a gentle reminder to love yourself more than anything in the world. Try your very best to live life healthier. Eat healthy  fresh food & avoid grilled, barbecued & smoked meat. Don't be too long under the sun & use sunscreen. Use less cosmetics & avoid too much light exposure during night time. That very little action can turn into life savior.....think pink, live green.....


No comments:

Post a Comment