Monday 4 June 2012

Free As A Bird

Sunshine at Santa Monica, LA in November 2010
"Free as a bird....it's the next best thing to be" I was listening to this song from The Beatles on my way back from work. Owhhh...how I wish I were a bird so that I could fly to anywhere & do whatever I want & whenever I feel like it. And yes free as a bird has a powerful meaning. For me, it means no obligations, no commitments, no restrictions, no limits and no boundaries. You can do whatever you want, according to your wishes and don't really care what you will gain from your actions. Well, in reality, you can't really be that kind of person. You are in the circle of people or community with rules & guidelines. We are bonded with religion, culture and regulations so as to ensure we live in peace & harmony.


Sunset at Santa Monica, LA in November 2008
Nevertheless, we can still make our life free & easy by appreciate things that are right in front of us, which are sometimes the hardest to see.  Let us appreciate & do things that are no longer been done by many of us:-
~ Smelling the flowers in your garden 
~ Playing soccer/football in the rain
~ Watching sunrise/sunset by the beach
~ Rowing a boat at the lake
~ Live painting at mountains
~ Listening to birds in the wood

I am flying like a bird at Perak, Malaysia in September 2006
 You may feel a little bit difficult to do all the above as you will think they are just not as important as other things in your hectic life. Believe me, these simple pleasures in life are too often overlooked but once you manage to execute them, you will smile & be one the birds that fly free up above the rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment